REGISTRATION (regular season, please do not use these forms for summer rowing)
Thank you for your interest in the Braves Rowing team!
Braves Rowing, Inc. (BRI), is the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that operates Boone Crew, the Boone High School rowing team established in 1985 by a group of Boone High School students. The following steps outline the registration process for BRI's rowing programs:
Your first week is commitment-free and requires no payment, however you must have a completed registration packet including sports physical and swim test to participate. Once you commit to join the team, a non-refundable Registration Fee will be due. Your registration fee will cover required uniform costs, Bill Frederick Park membership, US Rowing membership, and more.
Print, complete and return all documents in the Braves Rowing and OCPS packets. All parents and athletes are required to read the Boone Crew Handbook. You must print, sign and return the last page.
1. Braves Rowing Registration Forms:
- BRI Release and Waiver
- Waiver and Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
- Emergency Medical Treatment Authorization
- Authorization for Participation, Request for Transportation and Release of Liability
- Model Release Form
- Contact Information Form
- Swim Test Form
- Financial Commitment Form
2. Orange County Public Schools (OCPS) Registration Forms:
- Online athletic clearance at https://athleticclearance.fhsaahome.org/clearances-manager.php
- FHSAA Preparticipation EL2 Form (Must be filled out and signed by a physician)
3. Boone Crew Handbook:
- This handbook contains essential information, resources, policies, guidelines and rules for every member of the Boone Crew community - including rowers, parents, coaches, and volunteer supporters. Expectations and requirements for participation in Crew, as well as detailed information regarding financial and time commitments are included.
- Please review the handbook carefully and keep it available for future reference.
- Please print, sign and return the Acknowledgement Form with your other paperwork.
You can return your completed forms one of two ways:
1. Print and mail to:
Braves Rowing, Inc.
Attn: BRI Registrar
P. O. Box 560925
Orlando, FL 32856-0925
2. Scan and e-mail to: Registrar@boonerowing.com
ADDitions Volunteer Applications and Safe Sport Training: All Boone Crew parent volunteers and chaperones are required to complete both an OCPS ADDitions volunteer application and SAFE SPORT training.
1. Complete the ADDitions application on the OCPS website: https://www.ocps.net/departments/community_resources_/a_d_ditions_school_volunteers
2. Be sure to check OVERNIGHT CHAPERONE if applicable
3. Once your ADDitions application has been approved (this can take a few days to a few weeks, depending on the time of year), please login to your account and take a SCREEN SHOT OR PHOTO of your approval status (listed below your profile picture).
4. Send a copy of your approval status to: Registrar@boonerowing.com
All Boone Crew coaches, board members, staff, chaperones, and athletes 18 years and older receive certification in Safe Sport training. We strongly encourage ALL parents to become educated on the subject. Please review the Parent Toolkit at: Parent-Toolkit_HighSchool.pdf (uscenterforsafesport.org)
NO STUDENT MAY RIDE THE BUS OR PARTICIPATE IN ROWING ACTIVITIES WITHOUT BEING CLEARED BY THE BRI REGISTRAR. In order to be cleared, all forms must be completed and approved by the BHS Athletic trainer and the BRI Registrar. By submitting these forms you agree to the OCPS/Braves Rowing Inc rules and requirements and understand that not following these requirements could result in removal of your rower from Boone Crew.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to an exciting year of rowing!